- Draw a circle centered at O (yellow).
- Draw OA and OB so that they are perpendicular to each other. Points A and B
should be on circle O.
- Find point C on OA, so that OC is 1/4 of OA.
- Find point D on line OB, so that angle OCD is 1/4 of angle OCB.
- Find point E on extended line OB, so that the angle ECD is 45°.
- Do this part carefully! Find the midpoint F of EB.
- Draw a circle at F (dotted) crossing B. Circle F (dotted) intersects OA at G.
- Draw a circle at D (purple) crossing G. This circle crosses the extended line OB at H.
- At points F and H draw a perpendicular line (cyan) intersecting circle O at points
I and J.
- Points I, J, and B are points of the heptadecagon. Use them to find the other 14 points!