To complete the construction, take the squareroot of p.
- Construct 4 collinear points A,B,C and D, such that
AB = BC = CD = 1.
- Construct a line perpendicular to AD with points E and F, such that
AE = EF = 1.
- Construct a line perpendicular to AF through point E. Find G on that line
such that EG = 1.
- Draw a circle at E and G, each having radius EG. They cross each other at H.
- Draw a line through points EH.
- Draw a line perpendicular to AF through point F. This line intersects EH at I.
- Connect points I and D. ID is approximately p.